I specialize in indicators – the data that we use to measure what we care about. My BA is in Economics from the University of Arizona, and I earned my master’s degree from the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies. I started working on composite indices with Yale’s Environmental Performance Index, and have gone on to work on indicators, composite indices and data analysis for:
- US Global Change Research Program: National Climate Assessment Indicators System
- Dell computers and the Global Entrepreneurship and Development Institute: Gender Global Entrepreneurship and Development Index
- International Union for the Conservation of Nature: Environment and Gender Index
- Green Growth Knowledge Platform
- the Clean Technology Fund
My work spans the areas of economics, development, environmental issues and gender. I currently serve as the executive director of Quatere – a non-profit accelerator that invests in people, not businesses and the Global Entrepreneurship and Development Institute – an institute engaged in research and consulting on entrepreneurship ecosystems globally.